Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@miller3 posted:

My vote goes to a really nice hand cart with steam sweat effect...

I figure you're kidding but I would like to see things go in this direction. I think huge engines get the Vision Line treatment because there's more real estate to cram special effects into but it would be cool to see fancier, smaller engines. Like a Berk or an RS3. The hand cart would be a great start

But I wouldn't be mad if a Vision Line Jawn Henry or Triplex popped up. I would get a second job to afford it haha

Still hoping for a modern diesel, preferably an ET44AC/ET44C4, SD70ACe-T4, or Siemens Charger. New Vision features could include rotating bearing caps on the trucks, dynamic brake sounds/control, and road name/road number-specific crew dialogue. If the BNSF ET44C4 is made, I also want the trucks to have the correct truck side frame details. A set of modern rolling stock such as new Vision Ethanol Tank Cars would be great. I'd love to see a Boeing airplane fuselage train similar to the UP Rocket Train from last year.

Just as they remade the Vision challenger and the Vision 2-10-10-2 they are going to remake the Vision Big Boy and Vision GG-1.   Just a matter of time.   Could be one of them.

But if I had my druthers I would love to see a Vision NYC Dreyfuss Hudson.  Most beautiful engine ever built.  Then we all pester Scott Mann to remake the Golden Gate Depot 20th Century limited cars for it to pull.

Last edited by Alec_6460

Ive heard they have the molds for the AT&SF 2900 class. That would be awesome to have a VL AT&SF 2926! Sunset 3rd rail came out with the 2900 and so did MTH in premier and rail king.

Vision Line AT&SF 2900 Class

Smoke stack & Whistle steam, new swinging bell (different because the 2900's bell wss on the front of the locomotive), dynamo steam, road number specific details (dual len headlight vs singular headlight), possibly a way to make the stack extend like the prototype (may need to use the technology like the diaphragms on GG1).

LIONEL PLEASE MAKE THIS LOCOMOTIVE CLASS!!

something that is miles away from becoming a workhorse of the Fenix Pacific because i can't afford it or its too huge to fit O - 36 curves

although it would be awesome if lionel could give the vision line treatment to a small engine and sell it for under 1000 sheckles then maybe one day by epic chance my wallet and railroad will graciously welcome it into the roster.

anyway i hope its a diesel as we haven't had a vision diesel in quite awhile.

If I had to guess I’d say it’s a rerelease of the CC2 or possibly 700e. Personally I’d prefer something new to O gauge but who knows. Although it seems like a Dreyfuss or T1 Duplex are long overdue.

I‘d love to see a vision triplex and that’d be an immediate buy for me, but I’m less optimistic after seeing MTH still has the angus tooling…although glad MTH is rereleasing it with whistle steam. Would’ve thought Lionel got that tooling and the triplex.

If I had to guess I’d say it’s a rerelease of the CC2 or possibly 700e.

Those vl 700e's always go for over msrp on the secondary market.

I passed because of the inverted valve guides and some other detail issues,and lack thereof.

Now...redo it(right) with the KLine J1e tooling and you've got my attention, and my preorder.

Last edited by RickO

There has never been a Legacy Dreyfuss Hudson. I have no clue as to if Lionel now owns the MTH tool for it, but I suspect a Vision Dreyfuss would be a hit.

@RickO posted:

Lionel offered a Dreyfuss with tmcc back in 2002. So they (should)have the tooling.

I could be wrong, but I believe they lost it as part of the lawsuit.

@Timmy Tarsh posted:

Word I heard from someone who knows someone at lionel, but seems a Lionel VL Dreyfuss is floating around "soon".....

No tooling as that was indeed one of the three stolen toolings from MTH. If this was to be something, it would indeed be all new tooling or a brass hybrid. I seriously doubt that this will be the VL engine unveiled during York week as I would imagine we have yet more years to be denied a Dreyfuss.

Lionel isn't familiar with the smaller and less expensive mantra.   I'm in for the PRR T1 Duplex.

John, I thought you had a PRR T1 Duplex you got with all the bells and whistles(that you may or may not be still working on)?

Lionel also has the tooling for the C&O Yellowbelly Hudson. They only did the engine one time, and that was a long time ago, back when TMCC first came out. The C&O Hudson would look perfect pulling Lionel's C&O Chessie Passenger Train.

That's one that I'd be interested in!

Wasn't the C&O offering a semi-scale engine, or did it only apply to the tender? I know that the only offering that they did wasn't a great runner from what I heard, something with the electronics was it?

Well, whatever they do intend to unveil, this is going to be interesting. Is it something that they have done before, which would be a let down unless the done before was semi-scale and not scale. Is it going to be one of those mystery engines that we know some about, but never been made? Well, I think that it would be switching over to a diesel engine, since I think that has been a bit, but Lionel likes to be sneaky and fool me. See what comes.

Prediction: Vision Line H-6 Mallet 2-6-6-2s available as built in several C & O numbers, in WMSR #1309 regalia with CrewTalk from the actual WMSR crew, and in a few fantasy schemes (B & O, Virginian, etc.).  Passenger car packs to follow and WMSR gets the Strasburg treatment from Lionel.  Personally I'd be in for a Vision Line version of the current WMSR #1309.

Last edited by BlueFeather
@MartyE posted:

I'd like them to go back to the "never seen before in O gauge" mantra and make something completely new.  I would also like to see something smaller and less expensive to have a broader appeal.

I am with Marty on this the whole point of Vision line was doing the not done before hence the SF 2-10-10-2 , Pennsy 0-8-8-0 and Gensets and Evo Hybrid. This was the true intention and should return to that mantra.

I am with Marty on this the whole point of Vision line was doing the not done before hence the SF 2-10-10-2 , Pennsy 0-8-8-0 and Gensets and Evo Hybrid. This was the true intention and should return to that mantra.

I agree as well. I would imagine they could have a former TMCC engine or early Legacy be a VL as long as it fit the bill of more detailing, and better features. Not saying it needs insane smoke effects, just stuff they didn't have on the earlier version of it.

Thing is, there are quite a number of engines they could choose from, will they. What will they come up with? Is it going to be a big engine, or maybe medium sized engine? Probably wouldn't be a smaller engine(referring to steam that is), not that there's anything wrong with small, I just don't see them doing one.

That aside, whatever they do decide to do, would they make smaller engines in the same catalog so people could run something with it that doesn't break the bank? Who knows.

i just thought a little about the hint someone gave about the engine being a previous lionel engine that possibly could not have a vision treatment yet

and i thought what about a Y6B AND lionel could make a fantasy red bird or blue scheme for it

or could lionel make a fantasy norfolk and western CC2

Wasn't the PRR and the N&W partners for awhile ? i had also read they at one point considered merging . is this true?

I've given up asking for an updated rerun of the Zephyr,  so I will now suggest a never done, hopefully brass, SP 4-10-2 Gresley steamer.  They recently did the UP 4-12-2 Gresley, so that sound should be available as well as the mechanism.  The 5000 series were found pulling heavy freights throughout the SP system.  Would be perfect for their next brass Vision loco!  I hope.

PHOTO deleted due to possible copyright

Last edited by OGR CEO-PUBLISHER

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.