I had a bonehead moment when I was repairing a 2055 that I got from eBay. I took the motor apart to clean the brushes and contacts on the armature and managed to brake the bottom of the brush plate in the process. Instead of ordering a new brush plate, I decided to experiment. I carved out the plate to accept a sealed ball bearing and super-glued the bearing in place. After adjusting the brush plate to get the armature to spin freely, the motor was good as new (if not better). For reference, the armature shaft OD is 1/8" and the OD of the bearing I used is 1/4". The bearing is a tight fit on the shaft, so I had to press it on with a small socket wrench.

IMG_20200127_203321277

Attachments

Photos (1)
Original Post

Add Reply

Likes (3)
Post
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
×