Skip to main content

hey guys a bit of info help needed. a friend of mine is looking to replace a truscott set #20558 he had as a child. the components of the set are all readily available till it comes to the bag(s) of cowboys and indians that were originally with it. can anyone shed some light on the maker and roughly what was included? thanks joe
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I still have my Truscott set and even the Browie Camera but the cowboys and indians I have no more. I know that they were not MARX figures as I had them also and they were different from the MARX figures but the same size. However I do not recall if there were any markings on them.

You have a really great question that I also would like to know the answer too. I have everything, the station the track clips in the envelope, the moutain and pass card board set, the instruction sheet on how to operate it etc. But the figures became mixed with other figures from my youth and given away. I hope someone has the answer.
I am not sure of the maker. Gilbert used many outside vendors for items such as trees, circus cages etc. You will need to find someone with an original figure to see if they are marked. Here is a photo of what to look for.

The key to finding them in boxes of stuff at shows is to look for figures with the hole in the base. As far as I recall these are the only ones that had such a hole. The real hard part is finding the little guns and hats.

Gandy
Well I'll be. If the photo is correct I still have some of the figures. I kept from my youth the MARX Civil War Play sets and added a lot of addditional figures to them back in the day. I have over 500 figures, a dozen cannon and limbers, a bridge, a house, rocks and other stuff. some of the figures in with the others are exactly like the ones in the photo above. I still have many of the guns and add ons.
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.