Skip to main content

Interested in your opinions on mixing the UP excursion cars with the UP challenger cars

anyone know whether the car ends are interchangeable between excursion tub ends and the ends with the diaphragm ends; wondering if I can  replace an excursion car end with a diaphragm end

Last edited by kentre
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

They will easily couple together with the stock spacing and the ends can be swapped though not sure you can get the modern tube ends. I was able to get the traditional diaphram ends used on the older 18" cars which are the same as the plastic 21" car ends. I have a bunch of tube diaphrams I have pried off the cars to replace them them with something closer to prototype.




Images (1)
  • image
Last edited by Norton

Add Reply

This forum is sponsored by Lionel, LLC
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
Link copied to your clipboard.