Skip to main content

The tender on the engine seems to have stopped working. No sound, no lights. Engine is working fine. Lights, smoke, and whistle smoke all operating correctly. Any trouble shooting tries before sending back to Lionel for service? Can I replace something myself instead of shipping back? Thank you for any information in advance.

Last edited by Pennsy641
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The same thing happened to one of my 2019 Vision Line Challengers not long after I got it. It ended up being a bad board that Lionel needed to replace. I’d be careful about trying to replace any parts since I think that could void the engine’s warranty unless Lionel does it themselves. Better off sending it in and waiting unfortunately...

UPDATE: I began troubleshooting the problem myself. I moved the T1 to one of my other separate loops of tracks and it worked PERFECTLY!  I am so relieved. Anyway this presents a new problem. Why didnt it work on my one loop of track? I tried my new 10 wheeler on the "problem" loop and same result. Nothing out of the tender. But I have a diesel S2 on a siding of this loop and it works fine.  I moved the diesel out onto the main line and it ran and functioned fine. Not sure what is going on. Why the steam engines dont work but the diesel does. May have to move this to another thread. But I wanted to give an update that the T1 was working fine.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.