Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

For LED lighting, a couple of hundred milliamps is more than sufficient.  If you want to use the inductor internally for locomotive track connections, I recommend going with one that's rated at 4-5 amps.  For track connections, I pick one rated at 10 amps or more.

Note that these can frequently be found cheaper on eBay or overseas sources, you just have to wait a few weeks.

Thank you for the response Hokie71. I am going to use isolated rail modules to control signals, etc.; install led lighting in passenger cars; flashing led's on cabooses and observation cars, etc.

Sounds like a plan... please post pictures as you progress.  I have a number of the 285ma (extras from GRJ so they are guaranteed to be foolproof) I plan to use on passenger cars when I finally get a roundtuit.

Image result for roundtuit


Images (1)
  • blobid0

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
Link copied to your clipboard.