Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It's not just online auctions. You have to be extremely careful at train shows too. I have seen table after table with fakes and various restorations that sellers try to pass off as originals. These sellers always seem to hold themselves out as experts, and they sure know enough to price every item as if it were original. 

I confront these sellers every time with evidence their item is fake or restored. Invariably, they suddenly feign ignorance and act like they know nothing about trains to get off the hook. My favorite BS line is "I don't know anything about the item, I'm selling it for a friend". After I walk away, they continue to try to pass it off as original on the next potential buyer.

I get very frustrated at the amount of time that I spend having to pick through all the fakes and repaints. Finding an original 2341 is difficult. Wish you the best of luck.

Absolutely oh, I have gone to York numerous times back in the 70s and it got worse every single year. Some of those idiots would trade their mother for a train. It was getting out of control as it is today and the rest of the **** world. Like you I have been to many train shows and just shake your head about how many things are trying to be pawned off on people.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.