Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mike23 posted:

I'm closer to Boston, there'll be train vendors there worth the ride? I honestly don't know. Thought it was like a big 4H Fair (shrugs shoulders)

Yeah! A "4H fair" exclusive to model railroaders of ALL scales! With 4 buildings of trains and train related items, if you don't like it, your not too interested in the hobby! Even your "buddy" Charlie Ro attends this show Yearly and with some great deals to Boot!

I pre-ordered my two day pass!

Big-E-2018-50th003Big-E-2018-50th005Big-E-2018-50th038Big-E-2018-50th040Charlie-Ro2016

Big-E-2018-50th009Big-E-2018-50th014Big-E-2018-50th035

Attachments

Images (8)
  • Big-E-2018-50th003
  • Big-E-2018-50th005
  • Big-E-2018-50th038
  • Big-E-2018-50th040
  • Charlie-Ro2016
  • Big-E-2018-50th009
  • Big-E-2018-50th014
  • Big-E-2018-50th035
Last edited by prrhorseshoecurve
Arnold D. Cribari posted:

I plan to go to the Big E for the 1st time on Sunday, January 27th (I have another commitment that Saturday).

I'm too far away and unfamiliar with the vicinity to organize a Forum get together that Sunday, but if someone is willing to initiate such a get-together on that Sunday afternoon or early evening, I would love to attend. Arnold

Preorder your ticket and GET there EARLY! Traffic and parking is a "Big Dance"! .... NOT to mention you have FOUR huge halls to visit!

MELGAR posted:

This show is the one I enjoy most. If you live in New England and like model trains, it is a "must." I begin to look forward to next year's Big-E Springfield show the moment the current year's show ends.

MELGAR

New England? That's a bit Shelfish of ya! Lets try to include Canadians [Yes Rapido has a booth...eh!] and the

Mid-Atlantic states!

There are several multigage interests at this show. The layouts in most popular scales are a BIG attraction. Clubs come from near and to far set up the exhibition layouts. G gage, O Gage, O scale, S Gage and S scale   HO scale,  N scale,  narrow Gage in popular sizes,  European Marklin club, some switching layouts too. Train and related merchandise for sale everywhere you look! The clinics are cool to attend as well. Check your entry books for table and other locations. It's a really exciting show to attend. Have a great time attendees. I can't go this year, first time missed in about a decade.  I really don't need more trains but all the layouts and folks that run them will be missed. 

Melgar, show Arnold around! have a great time and good Pizza afterwards.

I'll be there. I believe that this will be my 35th show (although I may have missed a year or two).

On a more somber, but show related, note. The memorial service for Sudro Brown, one of the show's founders and long time builder of modules, was yesterday. He passed away several weeks ago at age 80. He was still active until the end. I saw him at the last Amherst railway society meeting that I attended in August. Living in the same town, and as academics, we had many mutual friends both in the train community and the academic community.

Here's the tribute to Sudro from the Amherst Railway Society website

http://www.amherstrail.org/ARS/news-SudroBrown.php

Lad Nagurney

You just started counting down now. This will be my 26 show, plan on going both day regardless of weather. I believe it was 4 years ago on a Saturday it snowed bad. Put the truck in 4x4 and still get there early, plus side of being 15 mins away. The best show I went to due to lack of people. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

I'd estimate 20%  O gauge, 25% tops.... if all the other gauges went home, it wouldn't hold a candle to York.

But, I still look forward to it every year!  Lots to see... many, many, more operating layouts makes it a family event!

I wish they had camping (with hookups) like York.. then I'd make it a 2 day event.

BUT,

First things first... NJHR is right around the corner! (almost!)

Last edited by eddiem

Hey COACHJOE, how ya do'in?  Yeah buddy, I cannot attend this year.

But Arnold, Melgar and probably 20 something thousand attendees will go that weekend! 

I will be in NYC that weekend visiting friends and family. The Westchester toy and train show will be on again when we are on the way home Sunday. I wonder what we will eat at starlight diner!  Probably  the Ruben this time. Lol.

maybe you and Melgar and Arnold can meet up and do a pizza dinner after your show. Hope so. 

Best for 2019.

the annual Railroad Hobby Show occupies four buildings at the Eastern States Exposition, draws 25,000 people, and is one of the most respected railroad shows in the country. Twice, the Railroad Hobby Show has received the Walther’s Showmanship Award in recognition of our efforts to promote interest in railroads and model railroads in the United States. This is a must attend show ,if you are a model railroader , there is a lot to see and learn ( the operating layouts alone are something to see ) this is the type of show that will keep the hobby alive , the last two years they had an operating  live steam loco!!!!  techman   

techman posted:

the annual Railroad Hobby Show occupies four buildings at the Eastern States Exposition, draws 25,000 people, and is one of the most respected railroad shows in the country. Twice, the Railroad Hobby Show has received the Walther’s Showmanship Award in recognition of our efforts to promote interest in railroads and model railroads in the United States. This is a must attend show ,if you are a model railroader , there is a lot to see and learn ( the operating layouts alone are something to see ) this is the type of show that will keep the hobby alive , the last two years they had an operating  live steam loco!!!!  techman   

You guys do a great job of making the show appealing to a wide variety of enthusiasts. While I'm all in for the buying sprees at the big swap meets, for fun, this show is the best!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.