Skip to main content

Some weeks ago, I posted in the WTB section my need of a handrail for an Atlas "O" item, the SW8 E-L switcher, made in 2000. There were 31 views. Neither Atlas nor eBay had the part. So, I was not successful.

However,  A friend received a 3-D printer from Santa. He is fabricating the handrailing I need. My daughter made a metric schematic and took pictures of the similar, front handrailing to serve as a model. Am told it will be silver and plastic, so that all I have to do is paint it a matching yellow. Problem solved. Mark

Last edited by barrister.2u
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

3D printing has really made a huge difference in parts, especially detail parts like you describe.  I have this Lionel tender and most of the stanchions were broken due to poor packaging during shipment.  @AlanRail came to the rescue and printed up a whole set of stanchions for it.  Since Lionel had no parts, I was sure it would never be right again, but it's as good as new!  The hardest part was getting paint to stick to the railings after pulling the whole thing apart.

Even the angled stanchions were printed, it's amazing what you can do with 3D printing now.

Attachments

Images (2)
  • mceclip0
  • mceclip1

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.