Skip to main content

I have the WM 3 truck shay, Lionel 6-84239. Ever since I have had it, I noticed that the rear tender moves up and down as it moves along the track, yet the frame that the truck is attached to stays straight.

Even if sitting on the tracks, the tender tends to lead toward the back. When sitting on the tracks, I can move the tender shell up and down (front to back) with my fingers very easily.  There is a lot of up and down play of the tender shell.

I am wondering if others have had the same issue. Is there a fix for this to hold the shell tight to the frame? I have turned the tender upside down and all the screws appear to be tight.

Thanks,

RAY

Last edited by Ray of sunshine
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes, I purchased a used one that had exactly that issue (was also visible in the sellers YouTube video of it running on his layout).  As I recall there is one fairly large screw located near the center of the truck that mounts it to the tender frame.  If you tighten that it should solve your problem.  I found a number of other loose/missing screws also, likely never tightened properly at the factory so give yours a good look also while you're at it.

Last edited by SantaFe158

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.