Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm not so sure about that map from Al Z.  While it may be correct in his location.   The April and the 2022 look to be pasted / photo shopped onto a old map.

Sad, if the Yellow hall is no longer.   It was one of my favorite halls last October.   I liked the extra aisle space from the last meet.   But, I also understand the need to fill up the empty voids in the Orange Hall.

Traincation is needed and the headlights are visible on the mainline!

I heard on some bad authority that the purple hall vendors are moving to the new pink hall and the gold hall. The yellow hall will host the big manufacturers, all the layouts are moving to the purple hall, the red hall vendors and white hall vendors are switching and the black hall will be used for dancing.

There will be new, improved hot dogs at the orange hall concessions.

I'm not so sure about that map from Al Z.  While it may be correct in his location.   The April and the 2022 look to be pasted / photo shopped onto a old map.

Sad, if the Yellow hall is no longer.   It was one of my favorite halls last October.   I liked the extra aisle space from the last meet.   But, I also understand the need to fill up the empty voids in the Orange Hall.

Traincation is needed and the headlights are visible on the mainline!

ED could have filled a large void by having the SGMA modular layout come back - it was immensely popular in October - but they chose not to.

A couple of the voids in Orange were due to last-minute scratches (illness and staffing) by two major vendors that had planned to go.  Also, since October was better than many folks expected and covid seems to be receding, I'm guessing (and hoping) that a lot of the vendors who stayed away will come back. 

@amtrack5899 posted:

I can not wait.  I hope someone starts posting a list of venders that will be attending. Maybe a Lionel users group meeting at the Eagles nest restaurant . Hoping to see Atlas/ MTH.  Also waiting for Peters breakfast sign up sheet. I’m in Peter.

The Eastern Division posts the lists a few days before the Meet on their website.

Pat

I have not packed yet but I’m seriously thinking about it .  Driving from western New York and its about a 5 1/2 hour drive . Leaving early Wed morning and driving home on Sunday.  I’ll Probably do the PRR museum, Strasburg RR and possibly the  TCA museum.  I may run over and see the Choo Choo barn.  Waiting to see when and where some of the train related  breakfasts and dinners are this year.  Also waiting to see what meetings are going to be held.  IE : OGR, Lionel, MTH/Atlas ,Delta Lines etc. I attended a fantastic meeting at the Eagles Nest last October.  If time and weather permits I may run over to Gettysburg.  I have not been there in years ( actually decades ).”  Traincation “

The Orange Hall charts have been updated on the eastern division website.  It appears all of the Purple hall vendors have moved into the orange hall for the meet.  Lionel will only be there for Fall events.  It appears the Purple and Yellow Halls will not be open and from a few posts I have seen vendors from the yellow hall last fall were moved to other member halls.

My son and I are looking forward to the meet.  Should be a lot of fun!

According to the map in the registration booklet (available on the ED's web page), Purple Hall will be the layout hall instead of Black Hall, and Yellow Hall will not be used this meet.  With the rearrangement of Orange Hall, it will be almost like attending an all new meet as a good number of the vendors will be in new locations and the layout will be slightly different.  I applaud the ED in all the work they had to go through to rearrange Orange Hall -- it could not have been easy.

Two weeks from right now, I will be at the bandit meets with some of my club guys.  i can hardly wait!

The only down side to York is that the last few weeks leading up to it pass   r  e  a  l  l  y   s  l  o  w  l  y  .  .  .

Andy

As Greg indicated above, the Orange Hall Charts have been posted on the Eastern Division Website. Hat tip to the Eastern Division's York Meet Team, as this is the earliest by far that I can ever remember for publication of the Dealer Hall Charts, which is very helpful for planning purposes. There are 144 vendors there, including ATLAS O, which recently decided to attend and is not listed in the Charts. Notable absences include CharlesRo and Nicholas Smith. As Greg also indicated, the Purple Hall is not a Dealer Hall, at least not for this Meet.

Pat

@irish rifle posted:

As Greg indicated above, the Orange Hall Charts have been posted on the Eastern Division Website. Hat tip to the Eastern Division's York Meet Team, as this is the earliest by far that I can ever remember for publication of the Dealer Hall Charts, which is very helpful for planning purposes. There are 144 vendors there, including ATLAS O, which recently decided to attend and is not listed in the Charts. Notable absences include CharlesRo and Nicholas Smith. As Greg also indicated, the Purple Hall is not a Dealer Hall, at least not for this Meet.

Pat

Pat, got some more info from meet chair Mike Petronella.  Purple hall will have 3 layouts.  Atlas O will be at the meet in Orange Hall, great news!  Yellow will not be open.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.  Good to know.  I'm still going to attend, but these changes create the impression that the shrinkage of the meet is accelerating.  My sweetie has been lobbying for dropping April from my schedule; she might win after this time.  Hoping that October is good.

Actually studying the Orange hall charts I saw that all of the purple hall dealers from October York are now in the orange hall.  The orange hall is a lot more full than october, so I think the change is a wash.  As far as the yellow hall goes, sounds like they are filling up the other halls a lot more than last october.  Just condensing space IMO.  The biggest shrink may be the lack of Nicholas Smith and Charles Ro (not sure they will be back), but there is still a lot of fun and deals to be made.  I don't think I have the patience to wait a whole year to go to York only once a year

I'm guessing that, going forward, they will use the Yellow Hall in the Fall if more vendors want to come at that time.  It would be a good place to put the once-a- Year vendors and exhibitors so that the ED doesn't have to re-draw and re-organize the Orange Hall every meet.  I can only imagine the time and effort involved in that task.

Putting the layouts in Purple is a good idea, as the clubs won't be pressured to get out fast like they sometimes were in Black.  When my club set up there, there was a wedding reception scheduled for late afternoon and they (the restaurant people, not the TCA) were all but shoving us out the door.

Personally, I plan on going to every York I can for as long as I can, because I want the meets to continue, and if too many stop going, we will lose the best celebration of toy and model trains and the fellowship we get from meeting up with old friends and making new ones and spending good time with each other.

Andy

I put zero faith in the weather report 11 days from now but if you're into that, Accuweather says it will be in the low to mid 60s Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  Partly Sunny all 3 days with a chance of rain Friday ( or is that partly cloudy?).  I'll believe it as we get closer but for some reason folks try to guess the weather so that's AccuWeather's.

THU4/28

61° /39°
Turning cloudy
rain drop4%

FRI4/29

64° /42°
Variable clouds with a shower
rain drop59%
Last edited by MartyE

I've learned to pack for all weather conditions because you can experience a big range of weather conditions in a single York...

Andy

If I was going Andy, I would definitely have that mindset as well. October's 2017 York was like summer, others have been springlike or fall. I'm sure April is just the same. Considering yesterday mowing the lawn felt like mid-November to me, I wouldn't put anything to chance.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.