Skip to main content

Last Friday, I purchased the postwar version of Lionel's 364 Lumber Loader, which is a cool design, btw, from the Whistle Stop Hobby Shop (intentional rhyming), and I have successfully installed it with Lionel's Accessory Activator track section last night. But... there are problems that come with it.

1. The power to the lumber loader is draining my power to the track, and the circuit breaker is flashing.

2. The conveyor belt seems to be loose and is not gripping the flywheel.

3. The motor sounds like it needs serious oiling.

But at least, I've made it another wiring success with the 97 Coal Elevator and not the Gateman and MPC Semaphore Signal just yet. What can I do?

IMG_2032IMG_2033IMG_2034

Attachments

Images (3)
  • IMG_2032
  • IMG_2033
  • IMG_2034
Videos (3)
IMG_2031
IMG_2036
Untitled
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

ADCX Rob The Accessory Activator track doesn't have its own controller. You must be thinking of the operating track. But, thanks for the clue.

The "Accessory Activator" track or pack is not for use with the 364... it was hard to believe that's what you were talking about.

Follow my diagram above for proper connection & operation.  An operating track is needed to unload unless you are doing it manually.

In the video the logs are not rolling into the car at the top of the ramp. It looks as if the triangular piece in the upper back corner is missing. It is black plastic or Bakelite and forces the logs off of the belt. It can be seen in catalog pictures and in Rob's illustration and should be readily available from parts suppliers

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.