Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you are trying to turn the large wheel for the belt after it's together, that probably won't work. The drive has a worm gear to reduce the speed, so it can't be rotated by hand that way.

Wiring - Internal or connections on the back? I know the sheet for the 364 isn't clear about the wiring. They indicate two wires going off to the transformer. If connected the wrong way, when the log car dumps into the tray the stakes may spark when they contact the base of the 364 if enough paint is worn in places.

The A terminal is the frame of the 364 and should go to the U / Common (or outside rail connection) of the power.

The B terminal is one side of the conveyor switch.

The C terminal is the 'hot' side of the power and is connected to the lamp. C also goes to the other side of the switch.

It's a series wound motor.  Power lead from the terminal strip to one brush holder, field wire to other brush holder, other field wire is staked to the field laminations (ground).  Take the gearbox apart and ensure each individual shaft turns.  You should be able to turn the motor by hand and watch the shaft turn.  The pin on the shaft that keys the pulley typically slips out.  Don't loose it.  The spring on the motor pivot completes the ground (be sure it's there).  If the belt slips, wrap the pulley with electrical friction tape.

@Jon G posted:

It's a series wound motor.  Power lead from the terminal strip to one brush holder, field wire to other brush holder, other field wire is staked to the field laminations (ground).  Take the gearbox apart and ensure each individual shaft turns.  You should be able to turn the motor by hand and watch the shaft turn.  The pin on the shaft that keys the pulley typically slips out.  Don't loose it.  The spring on the motor pivot completes the ground (be sure it's there).  If the belt slips, wrap the pulley with electrical friction tape.

Thank you, all is well except for my ribbon belt idea. Jim

@Former Member posted:

If you are trying to turn the large wheel for the belt after it's together, that probably won't work. The drive has a worm gear to reduce the speed, so it can't be rotated by hand that way.

Wiring - Internal or connections on the back? I know the sheet for the 364 isn't clear about the wiring. They indicate two wires going off to the transformer. If connected the wrong way, when the log car dumps into the tray the stakes may spark when they contact the base of the 364 if enough paint is worn in places.

The A terminal is the frame of the 364 and should go to the U / Common (or outside rail connection) of the power.

The B terminal is one side of the conveyor switch.

The C terminal is the 'hot' side of the power and is connected to the lamp. C also goes to the other side of the switch.

Thanks, I needed that as I don't have the sheet and Lionel doesn't have anything useful on their site. Jim

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.