Skip to main content

Working on a TMCC S1 that had a cracked and slipped two-chuff cam. This one was slightly smaller than the J’s cam which was easy to adjust in Tinkercad. I printed this one with screw holes. This allows me to attach it without glue and I can adjust the chuff phasing vs. crankpin position by slipping the cam until the chuff lines up then tighten. I may print a cleaner version of it as this is the first clamp version I tried to make.

Here’s a quick vid:



Images (1)
  • A240BC86-6997-4DF0-A168-0AE3EC5FBB9D
Videos (1)

@Norm Charbonneau  Your replacement screw together cam could be a great replacement for my 6-38095 TMCC N&W 611J.  It's original cam is split on one side and I've been looking without any luck trying to find a replacement.

I'd be very grateful if you would be willing to sell me a few.  BTW, I also posted in the WTB forum, with no responses.

Even if the ones you made have a slightly different sized axle shaft opening for my locomotive, I'd be happy to drill or shim to the correct size.

Last edited by SteveH

Steve, I might get back in my shop sometime this week. If you email me your address I can print one or two off and send it. The last one I made was for a 6mm axle. It may work for the J. You can screw it together or CA it. Next time I make one of these I am probably going to make the axle fit slightly looser to aid in the initial chuff phase adjustment.

Last edited by Norm Charbonneau

Add Reply


OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)

Link copied to your clipboard.