Skip to main content

So it's been what, a year now, since we've heard the 4.31 release of DCS is either in Beta testing, or going to be released any day now ....

What is the reality?

Release date (for real)?

DOA?

Maybe, at some distant time?

MTH is just dropping it?

Honestly, we'd like to know, so we can plan.

Thank you.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm wishing/hoping/praying 4.31 comes out and resolves the engine getting lost to the system if it's not on the TIU channel on which it was added.  Really sucks on my layout to have to crawl in and move them off the track powered by TIU 2 to a track powered by TIU 1 to get it to add back into the system.

I've clunked around on this issue for years, rewiring, re-powering, re this and re that ... giant PIA.  Very poor design software-wise.  And probably junky programming code for some of it.

Yes, not happy about it.

Probably because I can always power up the layout and run any TMCC locomotive anywhere at any time powered by whatever and it NEVER fails.  Well, unless the engine just craps out.  Which rarely happens these days.

Yah, I know ... Kerrigan gripes about expensive stuff he buys which does not perform as advertised.

And I know some of the "silent members" feel the same way.  They speak up with similar frustrations at our club meetings ....

So, MTH PLEASE fix the problems so I'll just shut up and have fun running trains.

I'm wishing/hoping/praying 4.31 comes out and resolves the engine getting lost to the system if it's not on the TIU channel on which it was added.  Really sucks on my layout to have to crawl in and move them off the track powered by TIU 2 to a track powered by TIU 1 to get it to add back into the system.

I've clunked around on this issue for years, rewiring, re-powering, re this and re that ... giant PIA.  Very poor design software-wise.  And probably junky programming code for some of it.

Yes, not happy about it.

Have I got good news for you!

It's already in DCS 4.30!!

Then I submit it doesn't work for all layouts.  It doesn't work on ours and I did follow your wiring/etc suggestions in your book, which I do use :-)

Love to resolve the problem somehow.  Just went through it again with the TH F-5 locomotives.  Would not pull it out of inactive, would not recover it, would not add it back once deleted, until I pulled it off the TIU2 powered track and put it on TIU 1, to which it was originally added.

Big PIA.

So if you can help me resolve this I'd be grateful.  It really takes all the fun out of "playing trains".  The grandkids lost interested in playing after 1/2 hour of clutzing around the problem.
Suggestions of what to try next appreciated!

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Barry Broskowitz:

Yes, not happy about it.

Have I got good news for you!

It's already in DCS 4.30!!

Kerrigan, if you've got many locos and switches, etc., in your remote, that's a major task.  Consider backing up the data to your computer if you feel a complete wipe/reset & reinstallation of the software is needed.  The backup function does not, as far as I know, save the program---only the data.

I'd check other items first.  Maybe you've got a block where signal is weak and loco won't start.

Last edited by RJR

Here's a little tip that might be useful.. Add all your engine to  TIU #1 with nothing else powered including tiu & engines, After you get a engine added to the remote shut down the power to the layout for a minute. Now try and  start the engine. If it remembers it established ID add it to the other remotes making sure the same ID  comes up.    ..... Sometime we always don't get the true picture of know bugs... something like... the tiu has reverted to normal mode and we're in the dark.  

I know it's difficult for beta testers to get everything right the first time.

My favourite versions were 2.21a  3.11 and now 4.3   good luck.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.