Skip to main content

Don't know if I'm in the right area however I have a MTH 4-6-0 with PS1 that won't move. Ran it for awhile on Sunday and shut if off to run other engines. When I started it back up instead of the 2 bells that usually ring It had 2 clanks like it was in the freight mode. Looking at the manual it looks like it's locked in neutral. So I went through the unlocking instructions and still did the same. Took the tender off and the engine just sits, all the lights and smoke still work. Any suggestions 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Clanking is sign of a software conflict.  You can test battery by powering up.  After start up, turn off transformer and see that it plays complete shutdown sounds.  If not, the battery, wiring or circuit are not functioning and can be part of your issue.

You should be able to reset with ZW if post war.  Follow instructions in manual and do a reset 18. Do you get the reset sounds when you do?  G

I don't believe feature 18 will unlock a directional lock. It may help a engine that  refuses to leave neutral.  If a PS-1  is lock in a directional state  there are no dings on start up. Just sounds, To unlock you have to hold down the whistle button until you hear a whistle blast and immediately cut power... It's been so long since I've done it you may want to  dig out the manual for a directional lock,( neutral/ forward/ reverse.)

Refusing to leave neutral and locked in neutral are 2 different things..

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.