Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Arther, here is the best information I can give you from my ohm meter, in the photo below the 2 larger post on the to are connected when the button is pushed in, but none of the others are. I cant seem to get power threw the switch.  I put 12volts to the big post, but nothing comes out on the other post.

I hope this helps.IMG_20211129_122453

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20211129_122453

The top two terminals marked with the +/- are obviously the light, looks like it has an LED since it has polarity.  The bottom two terminals are the contacts, they are independent of any connection to the light.

Thanks John, I tried wiring hot to the plus side and ground to the negative side and nothing happened, the led light didn't even come on.

The contacts and the light are separate.  The light is just an LED, so if you hooked up power without a current limited resistor, it's no longer an illuminated switch!  That would have smoked the LED for sure!  You need to provide a 1K resistor and diode in series with the internal light.  If you want it to indicate switch operation, then you need to provide the LED a ground and the + side goes through the diode and switch to the switched power.

The top two terminals marked with the +/- are obviously the light, looks like it has an LED since it has polarity.  The bottom two terminals are the contacts, they are independent of any connection to the light.

I have the same switches, I can assure you that the larger terminals are the power contacts.

Ok so If I understand correctly  I might have polarity backwords.

Next question, the bigger post is just for hot in and hot out to center rail?

Mike, here's a diagram showing the connections to the 4 pins.

The two small open circles represent the two larger switch terminals.

The + and - in the diagram are the smaller two LED terminals on the 4 pin switch.

In the physical world, the diode will have a stripe or band around one end and should be connected in the orientation shown in this diagram.  The resistor has no polarity and can be connected in either orientation.

LED SW in AC circuit w blocking diode-mu

Attachments

Images (1)
  • LED SW in AC circuit w blocking diode-mu

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.