Skip to main content

Do they make these in o scale? Here's a few pics I took on our yard and a short Video of me with a load of Belgium chocolate I was going to deliver the next day and a picture of me delivering a load of Italian wine in mid town St Louis
These are the new style instead  of the old belly mounted units on the chassis hope you enjoy

Attachments

Images (4)
Videos (1)
trim.F1169F0F-FBBD-41DE-AEA9-F72D4D945F26
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Lee,

Mike DeBerg who frequently posts on the 2-rail forum had these containers printed on thick card stock at this year’s Chicago O-Scale March Meet. The designs are by this company, DigCom Designs who have multiple refrigerated & non-refrrigerated container & trailer models for many scales except O-Scale. Mike was able to request & get the pdf files scaled up for O-Scale & he printed them on thick card stock, cut & glued them together. From a few feet away, I couldn’t tell that they were printed & folded until I held them close to my eyes.

For container trailers, there are highly detailed die-cast models of European container chassis in 1:50 scale available from EVOT-USA. Here are the links to their current offerings. I own the trailer in the second link. The front & rear ends of this model telescope allowing it to be used with both 1:48 scale & 1:50 scale containers, all the way from the shorter 20’ ISO containers like K-Line tank containers to longer Atlas-O 40’ containers. The main difference I have seen from container chassis trailers I have seen on US roads seems to be the wheel rims & markings on the rear bumper. Thankfully 20’ or 40’ ISO containers meant for standardized worldwide shipment means that the top & mounting areas on the trailer have to be the same.

https://www.evot-usa.com/product_p/wsi-17-0001.htm

https://www.evot-usa.com/product_p/wsi-03-1010.htm

These are just my opinion,

Thanks,

Naveen Rajan

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.