Skip to main content

My wife and I drove up to visit our son, daughter in law and the grandkids,  as at the time he was living in Waukegan, Ill, and that trip coincided with 4014's stop in West Chicago.  After going to the yard, we got our photos and chance to be near it, and decided to get some video and pictures with it out on the main.  I can't remember now the town where it was heading next, but we did scope out the route, and found a good spot to get some shots.  Alot of folks were at this particular place on the double track, and it was also at a crossing at grade level and not an overpass to view from.  Sorry that the pic attached is blurry, but I included it only for the poor souls that picked the wrong side of the tracks.  While we walked into a field and set up, we had concerns that we were actually on the wrong side considering where the sun was, but there was a lot more room on the field side.  After a bit, we saw the swarm of helicopters and small planes traveling above it and new it was close.  Then, rumbling from the other direction was a very long and slow freight, but we did not know which of the double tracks it occupied.  Well, luckily my son and I picked the right side to be on, as 4014 approached, and the slow freight squeaked to a stop, blocking the view to all those folks on the more photogenic side of the rails, as they were completely cut off as can be seen of the few in the pic with the red circle around it.  I'm sure they were disappointed, but perhaps they ran up to the next town where 4014 stopped again for the visitors.  My sons photo gear captured a much better set of pics than my old digital camera. (I hope the upload was not cropped, from the thumbnail I don't see the red circle.)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Unlucky
Last edited by CALNNC
Original Post

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.