Skip to main content

I know what you're thinking, but no, neither of the gears is worn out. Both upper and lower thrust bearing are in place (nylon on bottom, ball bearing on top. I received this engine in pieces and saw there is what looks like a homemade nylon bushing for the armature shaft. It fits the shaft snugly, however does not fit into the "C" shaped recess above the ring gear.  I first thought this was a good idea to keep the worm gear from wandering away from the ring gear, but none of my parts diagrams (Greenberg or Olsens) show a bushing here.  Perhaps I'm missing something? nylon washerIMG_3137IMG_3138IMG_3141Image-2Image-3Image-1Any help is greatly appreciated as always...

Attachments

Images (7)
  • nylon washer
  • IMG_3137
  • IMG_3138
  • IMG_3141
  • Image-2
  • Image-3
  • Image-1
Files (2)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Okay, I set the nylon bushing in with a small hammer and flat round punch and it clicked into place nicely. Just enough up/down play with the armature when moving from fwd to rev.  Test ran nicely, however, there is excessive sparking at the pickup rollers. Upon close inspection, I can see the rollers are pitted from years of this sparking. Will new rollers do the trick or is there an underlying reason for the sparking that would cause new rollers to spark also?

Last edited by BCianci

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.