Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Highwayman posted:

I am trying to figure out how to slow down the rotation of the 494 Beacon. What have been the common ways to do this? I have it on an Aux output of a ZW with other accessories so I need to add something to the feed to this only.

You are talking about the 494, with the "magic washer," correct?

It's easy. Take a standard garden hose washer and cut it down so it fits on top of the drive washer inside the beacon top (where the adhesive washer should be.) Set the beacon top in place and you should be all set. If you need, you can file the hose washer to be a little thinner to speed it up some, but for me a standard washer works fine.

So, to be clear, the drive washer sits on the coil, the hose washer sits on the drive washer, and the beacon top sits on the hose washer.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
Last edited by PLCProf
@PLCProf posted:

You are talking about the 494, with the "magic washer," correct?

It's easy. Take a standard garden hose washer and cut it down so it fits on top of the drive washer inside the beacon top (where the adhesive washer should be.) Set the beacon top in place and you should be all set. If you need, you can file the hose washer to be a little thinner to speed it up some, but for me a standard washer works fine.

So, to be clear, the drive washer sits on the coil, the hose washer sits on the drive washer, and the beacon top sits on the hose washer.

Now that is an interesting idea!

@Highwayman posted:

Now that is an interesting idea!

I followed through with cutting the washer to size to fit but it brought the rotation to a halt. I couldn't see me being able to file the washer any thinner so I played with it more and tried adding a piece of cardboard from a food box that is printed smooth finish on one side and the speed is now perfect and the light is still bright.

Thanks for all of the replies to help me out with this!

@Highwayman posted:

I followed through with cutting the washer to size to fit but it brought the rotation to a halt. I couldn't see me being able to file the washer any thinner so I played with it more and tried adding a piece of cardboard from a food box that is printed smooth finish on one side and the speed is now perfect and the light is still bright.

Thanks for all of the replies to help me out with this!

Glad it worked out for you!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.