Skip to main content

Today, after a wait of 4 years and four months, I finally received my Lionel #497 Coaling Station.  Set-up was pretty straightforward except for the 2 huge holes that need to be drilled to get the plugs through the table.  The bin goes up smoothly and the chutes drop nicely.  However, when the bin is in the full up position, it's almost impossible to make it go down again, even using two hands (lucky I can reach it).  I also tried silicone spray, which didn't help any.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions for a cure?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A good suggestion of adding weights to the bin.  I thought of doing just that, but as hard as you have to wiggle and push on the bin, I don't think that it would do the trick.  What makes matters worse, the back of the Coaling Station faces away from me and I can't see what's happening without disconnecting it from the table and turning it around, which I may eventually have to do.  If all else fails, it is under warranty.

shawn posted:
shawn posted:
RON ARNDT 091718 posted:

If I don't bring it up all the way, the coal doesn't all dump out.  Also, it doesn't go back down even when not all the way up.

That is a different story. 

Did the string unwind on the spool under the roof?

Unwind by hand and make sure the bin goes all the way down.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.