Skip to main content

Good evening, all.  I started a new adventure.  I have wanted a layout for years.  The framing is now complete and I am now working on the base and overhead lighting.  I am sure that I will be asking for lots of advice in the coming months/years.  

Happy railroading.  Sincerely, Tyler.

IMG_1195IMG_1196IMG_1197IMG_1198IMG_1199IMG_1200

Attachments

Images (6)
  • IMG_1195
  • IMG_1196
  • IMG_1197
  • IMG_1198
  • IMG_1199
  • IMG_1200
Last edited by lionel89
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thank you all for the kind words!  Yes, thank you for the suggestions.  I am thinking about painting the walls, as it is easier to do it now.

The track plan is below.  I apologize for the small photo. The layout is 12 feet by 46 feet and features two mains (128 and 120 inch diameter curves), a coal mining operation (to the left), a 6-foot curved trestle (front, middle), a roundhouse and 36-inch turntable (to the right), multiple industrial zones, and a main street.

Sincerely, Tyler.

layout

Attachments

Images (1)
  • layout

Thank you all for the support.  Building and planning is very therapeutic.

Don, you are correct.  Nothing other than SRR!  We need to get together soon for a running session at your place.

Bob, Ross fixed radius curves and switches.  Gargraves straight and flex track.  I pre-planned the layout on SCARM (? I think that is the name) and built the bench work to accommodate the plan.

Sincerely, Tyler.

Add Reply

The Track Planning and Layout Design Forum is sponsored by

AN OGR FORUM CHARTER SPONSOR

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.