Skip to main content

Does anyone have the part number or spec for the 5 pin (6 pin less one) plug lionel used on the century club turbine (6-18057) for the interconnection between the tender and engine?  It looks like a standard Molex type 6 pin, 2 row plug.  I would like to use the tender for a different application and would like just the locomotive plug so I can power the tender for railsounds.  I assume lionel used this plug on other locomotives of the era.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

For some reason, I don't believe Lionel ever listed a part number for just the tether on the 6-18057. They only sold it with the matching LCRU2 board.

Compatible tethers from a different locomotive are available, but they tend to be pricey ($25 list price at Lionel) because they're basically the entire locomotive wiring harness that include the Molex motor harness and all the miscellaneous connectors needed inside.

TRW

@romiller49 posted:

I have the DuPont header connector kit. Post a picture if you can. I may be able to make you one.

Thank you for the offer.  I ended up buying some dupont plugs and connectors.  I have the crimper from some previous lionel wire repairs.  I'll post pictures of the completed harness conversion.  I'm going to use the tender railsounds with my conventional lionel turbine in lieu of the "might sound of steam" tender.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.