Skip to main content

I have several sets of the Atlas 53' well cars and containers. They're fantastic models but there are several additional paint schemes/ companies I'd love to have containers for. Feel free to add any others you'd like to see so that hopefully Atlas can offer them in a future run.

JB Hunt

Amazon Prime

FedEx

Walmart

Schneider

UPS

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'll agree with your list, Will, as I would like to see these names on their 53' containers.

However in speaking with the AtlasO team at York back in April, I brought this topic up with them, as I have a number of their 53' well cars, too. They informed me that it is a "licensing issue" that prevents them from issuing the JB Hunt version. So, I have to believe that a "licensing issue" may possibly be preventing them from producing the other container names on your list. As I stated to them at York, it's in my opinion, that if they came out with JB Hunt 53' containers in 16 road numbers (not their usual 8), they would still sell out very quickly.

@CSX Jim posted:

I'll agree with your list, Will, as I would like to see these names on their 53' containers.

However in speaking with the AtlasO team at York back in April, I brought this topic up with them, as I have a number of their 53' well cars, too. They informed me that it is a "licensing issue" that prevents them from issuing the JB Hunt version. So, I have to believe that a "licensing issue" may possibly be preventing them from producing the other container names on your list. As I stated to them at York, it's in my opinion, that if they came out with JB Hunt 53' containers in 16 road numbers (not their usual 8), they would still sell out very quickly.

Scaletrains has done them so I'm curious how that worked. I'd pay more for the models up cover licensing fees if needed.

@Will Ebbert posted:

I have several sets of the Atlas 53' well cars and containers. They're fantastic models but there are several additional paint schemes/ companies I'd love to have containers for. Feel free to add any others you'd like to see so that hopefully Atlas can offer them in a future run.

Schneider

Already done:

IMG_20170903_221137

And a JB Hunt tractor by K-Line:

JB_Hunt_semi_tractor[1]

EDIT: I am not sure who did the Schneider box, btw. It is now packed away somewhere.

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_20170903_221137
  • JB_Hunt_semi_tractor[1]
Last edited by PRRMP54

There's a CSX intermodal facility in my town that opened around 2007. They only transport 53' containers.  The primary containers I see in order of most to least are Schneider, CSX, Pacer Stacktrain, Umax, Amazon Prime, and Walmart. I don't own any well cars for 53' containers, but I'd like to see some for 48' well cars.

There's a newer Norfolk Southern intermodal facility the next town over and I see mostly JB Hunt, Hub Group, & EMP, on those trains. Not sure if they deal with anything smaller than 53' containers as I don't get out that way much.

Does anyone have a list of all the domestic containers currently produced by Atlas?

Last edited by Stinky1
@Stinky1 posted:

There's a CSX intermodal facility in my town that opened around 2007. They only transport 53' containers.  The primary containers I see in order of most to least are Schneider, CSX, Pacer Stacktrain, Umax, Amazon Prime, and Walmart. I don't own any well cars for 53' containers, but I'd like to see some for 48' well cars.

There's a newer Norfolk Southern intermodal facility the next town over and I see mostly JB Hunt, Hub Group, & EMP, on those trains. Not sure if they deal with anything smaller than 53' containers as I don't get out that way much.

Does anyone have a list of all the domestic containers currently produced by Atlas?

https://archive.atlasrr.com/ORS/arc-o53container.htm

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.