Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have not worked on the revised Icing Station reissue but am familiar with the gear box and motor assembly which was considered an "improvement" by LTI.  Your item has been stored for 15 years which means that the pulley has been under tension inside the gear box for that long.  Rather than being round, it is now a teardrop shape which prohibits the circular motion necessary for the accessory's operation.  The gear box assembly is not designed to be serviced since it is easy to break the "fingers" when opening and if that happens the assembly will not be tight enough when re-assembled.  It is also possible that when the two halves of the gear box are pulled apart, some axles with gears will fall out and it is very difficult to know where they went.  I learned this when I had to address this issue with numerous modern accessories that employed the same or similar gear box including the operating gantry crane, "164" log loader etc.  My advice to you is to attempt to do the repair - I found a replacement pulley in the rubber O-ring department at my local hardware store.  Set your expectations low, assume that the item is un-fixable and take pictures as you work to aid in a hopeful reassembly.  Good luck!

Last edited by Bob Paris

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.