Skip to main content

I have just bought this engine. I bought it used on eBay and I know there is always a chance it not going to be what it says it is. But the engine in the pics looked very new with little run time on the wheels and pick ups. Gave the engine a Servise checked and made sure all was tight not loose. Ran the engine maybe and hour tops using as a switcher moving cars. Never had more than 3 cars for a load on it. Then saw a very small puff of smoke come out the rear bottom. Took the engine off and looked over everything that was outside the shell. Couldn’t find anything so put it back in Servise.  Ran it about 10-15 more minutes and it did the same thing. This time I took the shell off only to find the the rear couplers wires had completely melted there self together all the way up to the boards. I haven’t been able to see if it Burt the board as well. I read about this engine, saw the pros and cons but did not see this wrote up any where. And Lionel really pack this small engine tight under this shell almost have to completely disassemble everything to get to those wires to replace. Any advise other than not to by on eBay ?

Thanks,

Dale

Last edited by Dale Sr
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.