Skip to main content

I have 6 proto 1 premier 6axle diesels. 3 run with no sound. 3 do not run at all. The 3 that dont run seem to have good chips but bad top boards. Switching good boards and chips from other locos. I even considered just adding William's boards to just run none runners. Also have early proto 2 gp35 that has been problem since new. Repaired by dealer. Then he retired. It is completely dead nothing.What would be best way to economically get the sound and get the 4 running? Or just keep for parts and buy new proto 3 ?  Thanks Bob

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The proto 1 board can usually be repaired, your ps2 if it is a 5 volt board usually dies for no apparent reason but sometimes can be repaired ! if your board is dead it can be replaced with a ps 3/2 board and all functions will be good again. let me know if you need help ! what state do you live in ?

Alan

The proto 1 s that run have no sounds,no bell or no whistle. I have 2 more proto 1s that run with sounds,bell ,whistle but when running the diesel sounds are garbled,hard to describe, humming maybe.The proto 2 with 5 volt is completely dead no lights nothing. The proto 2 had problems when new dealer fixed it then retired. So it just sat after it broke a second time. Very little run time. Thank you for inquiring. I'm challenging myself to fix these.

I am sure I can get all your PS-1 running, but it is not simple trouble shooting to explain.  Usually software conflict resolved with tech chips.  Occasionally a hard part like voltage regulator, or a trace repair.

PS-2 can be upgraded to PS-32 as a repair.  If the premier may be worth it cost wise.  My email is in my profile if you want be to look at anything specific.  G

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.