Skip to main content

Any out there would like to see a railking 614.I was a kid when I first found out about 614.In was on CBS saturday morning.There 614 running in wv through the snow.Now keep in mind I have only seen steam locomotive in movies from the 1930 and 40s.So this was a suprise to me.I have always liked the modern steam locomotives.I just thought of this I think it would be a big hit.So any body out there agree with me?So lets hear from you.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by clinchfield bill:

I have wondered for some time why this hasn't already happened.  A friend of mine has been waiting for MTH to come out with one for sometime either Imperial of Premier.  The Santa Fe Northern has been advertised a few times.  Looks to me all MTH need to do is change the tender and load 614 sounds I'm sure it would be a winner.

And move the headlight.

Originally Posted by ES44AC:
Originally Posted by clinchfield bill:

I have wondered for some time why this hasn't already happened.  A friend of mine has been waiting for MTH to come out with one for sometime either Imperial of Premier.  The Santa Fe Northern has been advertised a few times.  Looks to me all MTH need to do is change the tender and load 614 sounds I'm sure it would be a winner.

And move the headlight.

And change the boiler...

Rusty

Well unfortunately Bell Captain the Greenbrier express has been cancelled so we won't see 614 under steam anytime some.

It would be nice to have a model of that train though - the concept drawings of the cars have a beautiful paint scheme.

I was just thinking yesterday I'd like to see a model of the orginal C&O greenbriers - circa 1930 before the headlight was lowered. Sunset models did a fantastic job of modeling these after the headlight was lowered but I'd like to see a before version too.
Originally Posted by The Bellcaptain:
If it is done I'd like to see various versions of 614. Original colors, 614-T, and hopefully a greenbrier express (because that's the only way we'd ever see that running)

The Greenbrier Express concept was canceled more than a year ago, and all the passenger equipment sold off, as well as the GE diesels that were going to haul the train. CSX would not have allowed the 614 to operate on their lines anyway.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.