Skip to main content

I hate when I get so anxious to take something apart that I don't take good notes on where everything goes back together ... but, there ya are!

See the big white arrow pointing to the little brass wire holder? I swear it was clamped on to the wire coming from the coupler coil, just a few inches above the coil. But where does it mount? It clearly has a beveled inner area where a screw previously went thru, but when I stuck it under the side frame mounting screw, it was like "Duh!" Can't go there because it hits the bottom side of the frame!

Wire Routing Collector Truck

I know some of you can do this in your sleep, so..... where does the wire hold-down go?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Wire Routing Collector Truck
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Chuck - Well, wherever it goes, I remember it was a tight fit. And the clamp was really squished down onto the wire, so it makes sense that it would go under the black, taper head machine screw that secures the side frame to the truck - between the screw head and the side frame specifically. I even saw a photo on flea-bay which barely showed the part exactly where you said it should be, assuming anything on the bay is still in it's OEM configuration 

That said, the silicone wire I'm using is a heavier gauge than the original stuff, which presents even a tighter fit, so I guess I'll just stick the wire clamp in my spare parts bag and route the wire using common sense and a sticky block.

Martin - It definitely wasn't the wire from the pickup roller, that was red.

Thanks ya'll, I think I'll go tackle the motor truck now.

C W Burfle posted:

Only a few of 2023 style locos that have passed through my hands had that brass wire guide. I have no way of knowing whether they were removed, or left off at the factory.

I looked at my spare 2023 trucks last evening. none of them had that clip.

I gave it one more shot, no go ... no room! I believe that was the right place but I'm amazed that they squished that in there like that. I couldn't really see any evidence of where the brass might have been hitting the frame underside. I'm sure the wire would be fine without the clip, but Mr. Neat N Tidy here, had to add a sticky block and some judiciously placed tye wraps.

Oh well, NEXT time I'll take more digital pics - the film is cheap!

Thanks to all for responding!

Ok, I'm really busy with moving my daughters stuff right now, but when I took a break and studied both Olsen pages you guys posted, I believe I see the Problem! I put the grounding spring on TOP of the frame (between the shoulder screw and the frame) instead of UNDER it! So that would explain why there was no room for the wire clip between the frame and the bolster! I'll give that mistake a fixin' later this evening when everybody else's day is done. I'll let ya know! Amateurs!

Last edited by GeoPeg

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.