Skip to main content

@falconservice

On another thread you mentioned 3D printing as a source for a cab shell. I no longer need the shell; but you stirred my interest.
I have searched in vain for a 1/43 model of my classic 66 Pontiac Lemans Hardtop.
is that something that could be 3D printed?

6D31CCCD-8AE0-4BEA-895D-333CA3B473E8

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 6D31CCCD-8AE0-4BEA-895D-333CA3B473E8
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@pennsyfan posted:

@falconservice Thanks! Sounds expensive.

@harmonyards Good point, but all I’ve been able to find are convertibles and I want hard tops. I actually picked up about 6 GTOs for auto loads; but I really want the hardtop Lemans.

Snap On Tools had a collectible thing going on for a while with several mid-60’s muscle cars in 1:43 ,…..I distinctly remember a Goat, not sure if it was 66 or 67, but I do remember it being a hardtop, ….or maybe a vinyl top??……I know Pontiac loved vinyl tops, ….to hide those Fisher bodies as best they could,….🤣🤣🤣

Pat

One fly in the ointment 3D printing a car is having decent looking clear windows.

With a little surgery the 1966 GTO could become the LeMans, this is from eBay.

From the looks of the offerings, I could easily duplicate my 1964 GTO convertible, tons of offerings of convertibles.

Thanks so much a perfect solution. I don’t understand why EBay didn’t alert me. There are tons of ragtops; but a hardtop was imperative!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.