CEO Alan Arnold has graciously allowed me to post this announcement about my new book about the 765.
This is a 192-page "coffee table" book with twenty-two chapters and more than 200 photos, many never before published. In the book you'll find a little history of the 765 along with many on-the-road stories from my thirty-four years with the 765 crew.
Serving with the men and women of the 765's crew was an honor, and the memories of my years on that crew are among the most significant of my life. I am pleased to be able to share some of those memories with you in the pages of this book. And best of all, profits from the sale of this book will go to the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society, for the on-going service and maintenance of NKP 765. With the COVID-19 problem still in play, the 765 won't be running any excursions this year, so they could sure use your support.
Pages 170 and 171 in the book, from the chapter "Steam...on Horseshoe Curve!"
Just a few of the twenty-two chapters in the book...
- The Engines That Saved a Railroad (by John Rehor)
- The Born Again 700 (by Wayne York)
- “Papa” Joe (by Glenn Brendel)
- Our Big Chance
- The Gentleman From Peoria (by Glenn Brendel)
- Mr. Dispatcher, Take A Bow
- Lima Super Power At Its Best
- The Lewis Tunnel Incident
- A Bad Case of “Get-Home-Itis”
- A Very Special Convention
- Masquerading on the C&O
- Steam...on Horseshoe Curve!
- Step Into My Office, Please
- The Future...and The Past
I'm sure you will enjoy reading this book.