Skip to main content

Trinity River Bottoms Boomer, thank you so much for your thoughtful post. I am pleased you enjoyed the book.

I checked out the Railroad Evangelistic Association web site.  I had no idea such an organization existed. Thanks for the information.

For those of you who may not know what book "Boomer" is talking about, here's a link to my book page. All the profits from the sale of this book go to the Fort Wayne RR Historical Society for the ongoing upkeep and maintenance of NKP 765. This is the cover...

Last edited by Rich Melvin

A very nice read Rich.  Just curious, was there ever the possibility of running the Trains story of the planning process of putting together the W&LE Pittsburgh 1985 trips with the tornado in the book.  That would have been a nice piece to have in there to show the behind the scenes work that it takes to be able to pull off a mainline excursion.

It was a pleasure to be there for the last run up at Cuyahoga Valley.  I owe Jason a huge thanks for setting that one up, even though he didn't know.

Kevin

Kevin, I’m glad you were there, too...for a lot of reasons!

Just this week I finally started editing some precious video footage from my last run. When I get it done, I’ll post it to my YouTube channel. Should I include a credit?  

I’ll have to see about that old Trains article. That was three computers ago, so I might have to go back and scan the article itself to get it back into an editable format. I don’t think I have the file for it any longer.

@Rich Melvin posted:

Kevin, I’m glad you were there, too...for a lot of reasons!

Just this week I finally started editing some precious video footage from my last run. When I get it done, I’ll post it to my YouTube channel. Should I include a credit?  

I’ll have to see about that old Trains article. That was three computers ago, so I might have to go back and scan the article itself to get it back into an editable format. I don’t think I have the file for it any longer.

I want to say the P&LE article was part of the big 765 history issue circa 1992ish.  The one with the profile shot of the front end by John B. Corns on the front cover.

Don't worry about the credit.  I'm just glad someone was there.  Many thanks to you, Kelly and Jason for putting it together.  Sometimes, I figure we're just put in a place where we need to be even if we don't know why.  It all kinda works out in the end.

The Cuyahoga Valley run was memorable for me also as a friend who had done a lot with steam railroading (on the video production side for many years) was having a lot of health problems and had lost most of his vision by that time.  He'd gone back to the early 80s with the 765 starting during the Southern tour, and that trip with 765 near his childhood home was the last engine he was able to see, and the last time I saw him.

Kevin

@GVDobler posted:

Joseph

If you look at the sponsored links at the top you'll see Rich has a tab to sell his book. I would guess you need to do the same since that would be a business.

Thank you for that info.  So that is how it works.. (a tab to see under Sponsored Links) .  OK.  No, my sales would be thinning out my own large personal railroad and & traction book collection to interested deserving people (not to people who want to for-profit-resell it) buyers.   It would not be a business.  Thanks again!

Last edited by Joseph Frank
@GVDobler posted:

Joseph - sorry it sounded like you were talking about books you wrote. My mistake. In the case of just selling used books (or anything else train related) you would just use the "for sale" forum as usual. Sorry for the confusion.

Hello Jon S

No problem at all -- and thanks again for the heads up.  I figured maybe the sell-policy was changed or modified.  Yes, these are quality books I bought ages ago -- to sell to any interested people.

regards - Joe F

@Rich Melvin posted:

WB Trainman, I'm sorry. I didn't get back on the forum to see this post until this morning. Let's hope Aerio responds properly.

If they don't send the book to me first, we may still have a way to do this. The Lovely and Gracious Linda and I are planning some fall travel in October. We'll be on the I-81 corridor for many miles. Maybe we can set up a meet then and I can sign your book in person.

Rich, I have had your book for a few months now, and all I can say is that it is AWESOME!  I'm still looking forward to meeting you sometime and getting it signed.  I know that you are busy at Fort Wayne, but please do let me know when you will be traveling to the I-81 corridor. I definitely need to get an o-scale version of the Magnificent Machine (TM) be it MTH or Lionel.

Rich,

I received my copy yesterday and I very much look forward to reading it. The history and background information of No. 765 will go along nicely with my new Lionel-AF Legacy NKP Berkshire model of the prototype. The pictures alone are worth more than the price of admission. Thank you for the considerable personal effort that went into the writing of the book, the consumer-friendly purchase price, and having it printed in the USA.

Respectfully,

Bob

Rich, is it possible for James Hudson, owner of Bill Hudson Transport Books in the UK, to order signed copies of your book?

No, I don't see how he could do this. If he orders the book, it will be printed in a plant somewhere in the UK. The book would then have to be sent to me, and back to him. Postage costs would get crazy.

I have a small stock of books here that we might be able to make work if I was to send the book directly to you. Contact me off line via email and we'll investigate this.

Last edited by Rich Melvin

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.