Skip to main content

I'm looking for ideas for a 7 to 8 foot privacy fence to go between my track and trailer park. Woodland Scenecs makes a decent 6 foot but it comes with gates and I need about 70 inches with no gates. I looked on the bay even G scale and failed to fing anything. I really don't want chain link preferably wood.

T3

Attachments

Images (1)
  • T3
Last edited by Dave Ripp.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You can also use Popsicle Sticks (a box of 1,000 can be purchased from an arts and crafts store) cut to size and stained.

I got a box of Popsicle Sticks as a gift from my sister 25 years ago, have used them for various projects, and still have 700 to 800 of them left for future projects.

They may be a little too wide IMHO.

IMG_20211013_094217537

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20211013_094217537
@Dave Ripp. posted:

I'm looking for ideas for a 7 to 8 foot privacy fence to go between my track and trailer park. Woodland Scenics makes a decent 6 foot bot it comes with gates and I need about 80 inches with no gates. I looked on the bay even G scale and failed to fide anything. I really don't want chain link preferably wood.

T3

Dave,

You know, on a second study of your photo and all IMHO, I think you should try and mix fence style and  material. That is a long site and could get a little boring with all the same material used in that location. I got away with 7' of the Bar Mills since it was used as a divider for an amusement park which was constructed at one time. Alternating colors and a lot of signs makes it passible. You could end up with a long boring fence. Why not mix it up a bit? The Bar Mills fence is not 8 foot tall either but I'm not sure you really benefit from that added height. While maybe a bit more proto it might be a view block to your cool trailers. Just some cogitations. I love fences by the way. My chain link kit from Brennan's was a hoot. Not cheap but pleasing results...................  Train ON!

Jim K

Take a look at Rusty Stumps scale models.. Made in Indiana, USA, and Monster Model works also USA.  The Barr Mills kits are good too, but you'll need several kits to cover the area you want'...  Clever Brothers, has some great fences, you print on card stock.  They look real, and are dirt cheap....

Ted, fashion faux pas.  The sleeves on your T-shirt aren't rolled up!

Last edited by ToledoEd

Starting with Brennan's Chain Link Fence kit, you can make terrific 8 foot fencing. Then when you finish the kit, you can use the great jig that's included to continue making fencing. Brennan uses steel wire for the uprights and stringers, but it's not the easiest to work with or solder. I substituted 1/8 and 3/32" brass tubing for these and shape the ends so the they interlock better and provide more surface area for soldering. I use the same bridal tulle that Brennan uses. It's very, very cheap. In fact I bought 54" x 4" for $0.19. Yes! You read that correctly! A hobby purchase for nineteen cents. Amazing! Air brush it a galvanized steel mix (silver and black) and then a misting of rusty color.

EH Baldwin in Transit

Attachments

Images (1)
  • EH Baldwin in Transit

For my wooden fence, I bought from "Wally World " and product called "skinny sticks" in their crafts department.  For $3.98  or less I don't remember exactly  (maybe a little pricey) you get 75 straight grain wooden sticks . It's funny on the package it says Real Wood! Each one is about 8 inches long. They are about the size of a 2X 10 so for a heavy duty industrial type fence they're just right. Cut most into 2 inch lengths and glue 22 pieces to 2 stringers. You can get 32 inches of fencing  out of one pack.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.