Skip to main content

I’m having trouble hooking up a #90 push button to EITHER MY 1033 or CW 80 transformer

just a simple 252 gate.  Can I get a simple one line diagram from somebody.  Im confused. Does the ground wire from the accessory go to the 90 switch or go directly to the u post on the transformer

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Pat K posted:

Does the ground wire from the accessory go to the 90 switch or go directly to the u post on the transformer

If that's all that's connected, it doesn't matter. As your railroad grows, you will want to establish a convention, typically along the lines of switching only the "hot" side(B on the CW) and keeping the commons/grounds(U on the CW) connected.

It gets more complicated if you get into using SC-1 & SC-2 for TMCC... a whole 'nuther discussion.

Last edited by ADCX Rob

Yes.  No need to turn on the throttle.

Here's a quick method for checking the switch: Take a paper clip or short piece of wire that has stripped ends, and apply it to touch both terminals on the switch simultaneously.  You'll be bypassing it electrically.

The gate should activate as long as you hold this "temporary circuit" in place, and release when you pull the paper clip/wire off.

Mike

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.