Skip to main content

To amuse myself last night, I used the member hall charts and crunched some numbers.

The 4 member halls have a capacity, as currently laid out, of 1,575 tables.  This meet, as of the posting of the charts, 1,422 of them are assigned, or approximately 90.29%.  If those 1,422 tables were arranged in a straight line, and assuming 6' tables, that would be a little over 1.6 miles!

Hunting the halls at York is good exercise!

Andy

Andy this is great info!!

Hokie, look forward to seeing you at York!!

I have a table in the Blue Hall but will definitely make my way over to your club's layout. Peter did a good job pushing it!!

A week from today I'll be playing jenga in the trunk of my car.

@eddie g posted:

Greg, If you want to go to a WW2 museum, go to the one in New Orleans, unbelieveable.

To amuse myself last night, I used the member hall charts and crunched some numbers.

The 4 member halls have a capacity, as currently laid out, of 1,575 tables.  This meet, as of the posting of the charts, 1,422 of them are assigned, or approximately 90.29%.  If those 1,422 tables were arranged in a straight line, and assuming 6' tables, that would be a little over 1.6 miles!

Hunting the halls at York is good exercise!

Andy

Most informative thread and remarkable facts here:

1) John Mitchell is starting to sell some items- who knew?; 2) Amazing statistics on the York show, TCA should take note; 3) location of the best WW2 museum; 4) Stacking boxes of your York purchases in your trunk is like playing Jenga.

RLN3 or anyone else, do you have the actual link to the website for the member hall maps??  Can you send me the link?

John,

Unfortunately, it looks like the links to the member halls had to be removed from the Eastern Division website. I guess we were lucky to have them available online while we did. Hopefully in the future they will be made available again and for all shows going forward because of the positive response received. Just an Educated Guess: ***Maybe the links I published in this post earlier still work***

Many thanks to everyone for their help.      When I click on the name of the hall, it brings me directly to the pdf map, which is fine, but I was still looking for a direct link on the website as they have for the dealer halls (see this link:  https://www.easterntca.com/read-more.htm ) so I guess the Member Halls are no longer listed in the Eastern Division website, or a direct link for anyone accessing the website is a secret

Many thanks to everyone for their help.      When I click on the name of the hall, it brings me directly to the pdf map, which is fine, but I was still looking for a direct link on the website as they have for the dealer halls (see this link:  https://www.easterntca.com/read-more.htm ) so I guess the Member Halls are no longer listed in the Eastern Division website, or a direct link for anyone accessing the website is a secret

I don't remember them ever posting the member hall charts with names where they would be accessible by the general public (to maintain member privacy, I assume).  I suspect the links earlier in this thread were intended for internal use and were leaked.  They do have low-res blank copies of the member hall charts buried somewhere on the site, though.

Andy

Off topic but relatively nearby:

Strasburg RR has a full slate of events, especially on Saturday:

https://www.strasburgrailroad.com/ticket-options

RRMOP is across the street, of course.

In case any of you want a round of golf while you’re there, Group Golfer’s special buy today is near Gettysburg:

https://www.groupgolfer.com/deals.php

With the other area tourist spots, factory tours etc. open this year, there shouldn’t be a problem finding something for those who don’t do the show but might appreciate the trip. If you plan the outdoor activities, you might want to keep an eye on the weather. Right now, it looks showery but not likely violent.

Funny thing about York. My friends and I go Tuesday morning and usually come home on Saturday. On the way home we all tired (and poorer) and say "Great trip, but we are all York'ed out".

Now the "funny" thing about York; the very next day, Sunday, we say "I can't wait until the next one!"

At least we have the two Allentown meets, and local LI meets, in between. It's all about friends

Safe travels to everyone heading to York this week!

I’ll be heading down Thursday morning and again Friday morning with a two hour drive in each direction totaling about 8 hours of driving. Borrowing my mom’s little Chevy Trax is a massive difference in gas compared to my Ram 1500. Downside is there’s a lot less room for my purchases. At least I’ll be able to unload my day one purchases on Thursday night.

Hope everyone has a fantastic York week!

BDAEC5EC-CAD1-49BC-9341-9BA9183E149E

Attachments

Images (1)
  • BDAEC5EC-CAD1-49BC-9341-9BA9183E149E

We have landed in Philadelphia without issue (except for having to wake up at 3am to catch the flight).

As rush hour was beginning we decided to stop for dinner after a long flight on the way to York and avoid the traffic. While sitting in some traffic on I-95 leaving the airport we saw a CSX freight train with single level containers and auto carriers. I can feel the buzz already!!!

I'm surprised the EDTCA hasn't trade marked the "York" name.  I can see all the vendors having to do "The Big Train Meet" sales because they couldn't use York like the NFL does with the "Super Bowl".  LOL!  All tongue in cheek but still a lot of folks benefit from the "York Meet" that never have to do anything but put "York" in their ad.

Last edited by MartyE
@Greg Houser posted:

Mike, folks come from all over the world to attend York.   Brian (Traindiesel) is just one of a handful of people I know who travel from the West Coast and I know of two in Texas who are attending.  I also know someone who attended York all the way from Australia.

-Greg

Thanks Greg, Maybe one day if we win the lottery! LOL

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.