Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Registered last week for my first York. Air and hotel booked too.  Spend time daily trying to plan each day, but I know it will all go out the window once I step through the hall doors.

Another suggestion is to read comments on the forum regarding places to stay.  Hopefully, your hotel reservation can be changed if you find a better option.  @eddie g is right about the Wyndham; it's a great location, full of train folks, with a decent on-site restaurant/bar, but it can be pricey.   

@Mallard4468 posted:

Another suggestion is to read comments on the forum regarding places to stay.  Hopefully, your hotel reservation can be changed if you find a better option.  @eddie g is right about the Wyndham; it's a great location, full of train folks, with a decent on-site restaurant/bar, but it can be pricey.   

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am pretty much locked into a Marriott brand hotel, as I have points to stay for free, thanks to business travels.  😁 Currently planning to stay at Four Points.  The more I save on accommodations, the more I have to spend on trains!!!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am pretty much locked into a Marriott brand hotel, as I have points to stay for free, thanks to business travels.  😁 Currently planning to stay at Four Points.  The more I save on accommodations, the more I have to spend on trains!!!

That's a good choice, as is going with your preferred loyalty program.   

There are a handful of places to avoid, and Four Points isn't one of them.  It's also very convenient to the legendary Round the Clock diner.

We're all set!!  After a one Meet hiatus because of a wedding this past October we are BACK!!  Lynley and I have our reservations for our flight, two hotels, and car rental for the York Meet and beyond.

We're flying into Philly this time instead of Baltimore since our post York Meet activities will be in the Philadelphia area.  Going to visit with my youngest Daughter, as usual, but this will be a special trip.  She is carrying our ninth Grandchild, a boy!  Also going to get together with some family we haven't seen since we moved.  It'll be a nearly two week long party!!  Can't wait for all the trains and the food!! (It's always about the food!)

Look out, Dealers and sellers!  Hope you have some juicy gems waiting!  

@Traindiesel posted:

We're all set!!  After a one Meet hiatus because of a wedding this past October we are BACK!!  Lynley and I have our reservations for our flight, two hotels, and car rental for the York Meet and beyond.

We're flying into Philly this time instead of Baltimore since our post York Meet activities will be in the Philadelphia area.  Going to visit with my youngest Daughter, as usual, but this will be a special trip.  She is carrying our ninth Grandchild, a boy!  Also going to get together with some family we haven't seen since we moved.  It'll be a nearly two week long party!!  Can't wait for all the trains and the food!! (It's always about the food!)

Look out, Dealers and sellers!  Hope you have some juicy gems waiting!  

It will be good seeing you and Lynley, Brian……….the dealers and sellers will also be happy, too!

Peter

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.