Skip to main content

@MartyE, when was the last time Lionel attended April York? I know 2021 was their last October if I remember correctly.

That was it as far as I know.  They didn't go in April 2022 which led the EDTCA to open their spot up.  Since then their spot has been occupied.  This spring there was a large dealer there taking up most of what Lionel had.  I suspect if they come back they'd want to be in the orange hall so something would need to change.  That's between Lionel and the EDTCA though.

Had a blast at the York Meet. Helped my friends at East Coast Enterprises set up, man and tear down their booth in the Orange Hall, attended the OGF breakfast set up by Peter, picked up my order from Mr. Muffin consisting of a bunch of MTH and Atlas O freight cars, purchased an MTH Private Run Wabash GP-35 and some MTH freight cars from Tom at Berwyn's Trains, picked up my 3 MTH NPR streamlined passenger cars and a couple of my trucks that had been lit and detailed by Jack Pearce (Jack had previously lit and detailed the rest of the passenger cars in the NPR set), purchased some MTH freight cars from Just Trains, purchased some old new stock Lionel freight cars from Grzyboski's Trains, picked up my shelves from Glenn and Carolyn Snyder, purchased some Arttista figures from JT Mega Steam, and checked out the awesome new coaling towers from Millhouse River Studio. May have to purchase one of those coal towers if I can fit it on the layout. Also sold my NIB Lionel Canadian Pacific PWC passenger car set and 2-car add-on set, as well as some old new stock Lionel freight cars. Did not sell my NIB Lionel PWC Congressional set and 2-car add on set, but hope to do so at the October York Meet. Also checked out all the operating layouts in the Orange and Purple Halls and walked all of the Member Halls.

Pat

@MartyE posted:

That was it as far as I know.  They didn't go in April 2022 which led the EDTCA to open their spot up.  Since then their spot has been occupied.  This spring there was a large dealer there taking up most of what Lionel had.  I suspect if they come back they'd want to be in the orange hall so something would need to change.  That's between Lionel and the EDTCA though.

The EDTCA has a policy, at least in the member halls, that if you do not pay for your space for two consecutive Yorks, you lose rights to that space, and if you pay for the same space for two consecutive Yorks, it is yours as long as you continue to pay for it.  I assume the policy is the same in the Orange Hall.  The EDTCA has always worked with us in table space and location in the member halls.  When I started as a table holder, I had one table, my brother had one, and we split a third. and we were in the Blue Hall near the front for several Yorks.  When my friends in the alcove area let us know that the guy occupying my current space was not coming back, my brother and I, along with the guy who was leaving went to the wonderful people at the registration desk to get those tables transferred to us starting with the next York, with the full understanding that, if the guy giving up the tables wanted to come back after we had it once, that the tables would be his once again.  When my brother decided to stop coming, we had his table transferred to me through the same process.  And again, the EDTCA people were wonderful through the whole process.

If Lionel wants their old space back, they have to talk to the current occupant(s), provided they have been occupying the space more than one York, and get them to agree to move to another location before the EDTCA can really do anything, otherwise, Lionel has to accept and work with what the EDTCA has available.

Andy

The EDTCA has a policy, at least in the member halls, that if you do not pay for your space for two consecutive Yorks, you lose rights to that space, and if you pay for the same space for two consecutive Yorks, it is yours as long as you continue to pay for it.  I assume the policy is the same in the Orange Hall.  The EDTCA has always worked with us in table space and location in the member halls.  When I started as a table holder, I had one table, my brother had one, and we split a third. and we were in the Blue Hall near the front for several Yorks.  When my friends in the alcove area let us know that the guy occupying my current space was not coming back, my brother and I, along with the guy who was leaving went to the wonderful people at the registration desk to get those tables transferred to us starting with the next York, with the full understanding that, if the guy giving up the tables wanted to come back after we had it once, that the tables would be his once again.  When my brother decided to stop coming, we had his table transferred to me through the same process.  And again, the EDTCA people were wonderful through the whole process.

If Lionel wants their old space back, they have to talk to the current occupant(s), provided they have been occupying the space more than one York, and get them to agree to move to another location before the EDTCA can really do anything, otherwise, Lionel has to accept and work with what the EDTCA has available.

Andy

Andy,  I understand that, which is why I said something would have to change and it's between the EDTCA and Lionel.  Based on Lionel's release a couple York meets ago, I suspect the two are having or had difficulties coming to an agreement.

@MartyE posted:

Andy,  I understand that, which is why I said something would have to change and it's between the EDTCA and Lionel.  Based on Lionel's release a couple York meets ago, I suspect the two are having or had difficulties coming to an agreement.

I suspected the same thing regarding the release.  The third party or parties involved being the difficulty.

Andy

Well, whatever is the issues, it is up to them to resolve it if they want to. I know some folks would very much like them and other manufacturers to be present at least one of the York shows once a year, but I don't mind. I think there was a post a bit ago when the first skip happened, there was about 60/40 view. 60 being those that didn't mine, 40 being those that wanted them there.

Well, any way it is sliced, no one will be satisfied. This couldn't be more evident when Ryan was trying to answer a question just last year. It was annoying to me because I really wanted to hear what Ryan was going to say, which he did, but he stated that he would probably not be posting much anymore because of how that particular topic was handled.

I guess if any of us want any sort of answers, might as well just message them directly(regarding product questions, not York stuff). Just have to wait and see.

Andy

Thanks Andy for that detailed explanation...👍

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.