Skip to main content

gmorlitz posted:

I had a C7. I never took it to York because (1) the tires are as Gilly says, but more important, (2) the trunk is way too small. I mean, if you TRUST Peter to really take stuff home for you, then MAYBE its OK, but otherwise the Vette acts as a severe restriction on purchases. That might be a good thing.

There always seems to be one type of car show or another in that general area. Of course, Corvettes at Carlisle is the big one, but that isn't until August.

Gerry

A couple of years ago I rode my Goldwing. Didn't slow me down much. Even bought a bunch of Glenn Snyder shelving. Helps to have a friend with a van.

Pete

Moonson posted:

I'm much looking forward to reading about every attendees experiences and observations, large and small, in general and personal, about the whole Meet.

FrankM

I think this year I will document my trip in pictures and share on this thread.  Now that I have a tablet which is infinitely easier to do things on than my phone there's no time like the present. 

-Greg

This will be my 18th York and I'm just as excited now as I was for my first.  I've been counting the days for some time now and I always sweat it out because I'm afraid something will come up to prevent me from attending.  I was confronted with medical issues on two occasions but luckily I was able to overcome them both times and made it to the Mecca of toy train meets.   I hope my streak continues. 

I agree with Peter, being there is more fun for me. Anticipation is okay, but once you're there, everything just is more enjoyable. Just going around talking to everyone you meet whether you know them or not really makes you feel great. Last October I had the pleasure of getting out to the Toy Train Museum before everyone was speaking(missed the prior year). It was great for me because I got to talk to the members heading up the TCA's 65th out west this year, that was very cool to hear all what they're doing. Of course, having breakfast and dinner first open day of York with our fellow OGR friends made it even much better. I wish I could be there.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.