Here are a couple of snaps of a project I'm currently working on. I'm trying to convert to scale ( as much as possible) this 302AC I picked up a while back.
So far, I've replaced the lead and trailing trucks with parts from LBR,with SHS scale wheelsets for the lead, and I converted the trailer from a 33" O scale set I had.
The cast-on handrails were removed; I had some handrail posts from an old 4-piece 302 boiler, so I used those with some "craft" wire I had on hand. The sand lines were also removed and replaced in a similar fashion.
I added a cab floor, and think I may replace the motor with a DC can, although I've fine-tuned the original to start at approx 3V DC, and it runs really nice right now...
I replaced the tender frame with one made from pine, built up the tender bolsters with basswood, and am using a pair of SHS Andrews sprung trucks. The electrical pick-up seems to be working very well. The tender handrails are wire.
I haven't figured out yet what to do about the valve gear, and I'm hoping I won't have to turn down the flanges on the drivers to make it operate on Code 100 rail, as my hope is to go with something like Tomalco track when the time comes. I don't have any "100" to test it on at this time.
Your comments will be most welcome.
Mark in Oregon