I am looking for informed opinions. Here are the pertinent facts:
- 8 power districts 18 VAC wired as buses with 12 AWG wire pairs (red & black); all districts have isolated center rails where they meet other power districts. No commons are connected, although 1 outside rail is reserved for common. The other is reserved for insulated rail activation purposes where applicable.
- 3 switch buses 15 VAC wired with 16 AWG wire pair (red, black and white for the DZ-2001 Data Wire Driver). Each switch bus is powered by a separate K-Line 120F PowerChief transformer; no commons are connected.
Here are the questions:
- Should I tie all the power district commons together?
- Should I tie all the switch bus commons together?
- Should I tie all of the commons (power district and switch bus) together?