Skip to main content

I recently bought a used Cab1 remote.  After a couple of days of light use I noticed the throttle knob appears to be loose on the shaft or the shaft is loose inside.

I don't mind the looseness but if I gently shake/bump the remote a throttle command is sent even if I don't touch the knob.

I opened it up and don't see an obvious issue or way to tighten it.

Any suggestions or tricks for tightening the knob?

Cab1 Internal

Thanks

Ward

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Cab1 Internal
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks John.   I wasn't sure if it had the same internal components.    1. If it did could they be sourced and used in the Cab1.   2.  I have another used Cab1 coming from Trainz.com. If that one fails I may start looking for the CAB1L and Base1L.

Not sure where to find a failed Cab1 with a good throttle assembly.

Many Thanks

Ward

Last edited by Ward H

There is no firm commitment that I'm aware of.  Dave Olsen recently stated summer 2023, that's the last semi-firm commitment I've seen.  They do have the CAB1L remotes

@Dave Olson posted:

Targeting sometime in the summer 23 for the Base3. Still working away at buttoning up the design. Just wanting it to be perfect!

For those waiting for the Cab-1L remotes, they arrived yesterday and will be shipping out soon.

Hi Ward , I just saw this post. I believe that’s the one I sold you a few months ago.I never had any problems with that cab1. The red wheel worked perfectly from day one . I had been using it regularly before I shipped it to you and it was working fine then. I’m sorry you’re having an issue with it. I hope you can get a fix on it. I see gunrunnerjohn, might come to the rescue.

Hi Ron, Yes it is the Cab1 you sold me BUT it worked great for the first few days I used it.  The knob did not wobble those first few days.

The knob got wobbly after I kind of "flicked it" to slow down a train.      I have no doubt that you sold me a Cab1 in good working order.    All is good.

@RoyBoy  The rubber band did the trick for a quick fix.  I had to double the rubber band that I had and I put a little bit of talcum powder between the band and the wheel so the wheel slid on the band instead of sticking to it.       It worked well.    

GRJ was kind enough to send me the broken CAB1 he had. I'll try a more permanent fix this week.

Here is how I installed the rubber band.

IMG_3105

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_3105
Last edited by Ward H

Add Reply

Post
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×