Continued work on the station's loading platform. The underframe is a little complex, but probably because I built it that way. There is an inner and outer frame. The inner frame will be glued to the station body. Both are sitting on scale 6" square timbers. I glued them together over the plans initially, but needed to be sure they fit the station as built.
Pieces of .125 X .156" stock forms the connectors between inside and outside frames.
I tried it on the station and it fit fine.
Before going further, I decided I'd better try it out on the layout to ensure that the trains don't smack into it. It's a good thing I did. The track side was about an 1/8th inch too wide and did get clipped as a train went by. I cut the double rails on the right side flush with the inside of the corner post, cleaned off the remains of the .040 X .188" stock and then re-glued the end rails to the post in their new position. This should solve the clearance problem. Trains do come very close to loading platforms.
I couldn't help myself. When I had to move the trains out of the way so I could position the station, I ended up parking them on the bridges and took a picture, just for fun.
There's still soooo much to do. I simply don't know how Patrick completed his railroad so quickly. One of these days I'll do something with the open-framed high line...