I’m new here and new to model trains but I wanted to share a modification I made. Maybe it’s been done before but I couldn’t find it. I set up a long reverse loop track in my backyard that’s mounted to my privacy fence. I used Menards tubular track and a couple of 022 switches. Because it’s exposed to the elements, I knew the electrical non-derailment feature would be a problem so I bought some O22 switch parts on eBay to see what I could come up with. I used a hole that is already in the swing arm and put a screw through it. I threaded it through a thin piece of plastic to make it rigid. Then drilled a hole in the plastic underneath to add another screw to anchor the spring. This was just a quick mock up to see if it would work and it does, even for my lightest car. It’s a little bumpy but it’s a great starting point. I’ll be working on a more permanent modification soon.