Spring and summer are severely reduced train time, so the time I do get is precious.
My ongoing project is to repaint and upgrade this AtlasO SW-9. I was extremely disappointed last evening when I removed the masking tape for my white stripe and the paint came up with it. I was very patient too. So, the only thing I can think of was I used an unknown and untested brand of paint.
I typically like to use Tru-Color or Tamiya. Unfortunately, I either have to order that online or drive 40 miles one way to a LHS. I should have done that.
I was out of white, so I purchased this bottle of paint from Michaels, said to be good for airbrushing.
I gave the model an alcohol bath for 48 hours to remove all paint.
Primed the model with Tru Color primer. Let cure for 24 hours.
Painted the sides white. Let cure for 24 hours.
Applied the tape. Painted white over the tape to seal the seams. Waited 24 hours.
Painted the entire frame black. Pulled the tape off about an hour later.
Not happy. Strangely, one side was worse than the other.
Staring over with an alcohol bath. Ordering Tamiya paint today.