I'm converting my original Williams (late 1990s) scale GG1 to TMCC with an ERR DC Cruise Commander. At this point...
- I've temporarily made the motor and power connections (including the non-directional lighting) to the ERR boards.
- I've tested the engine in conventional mode at my workbench. The engine worked as expected.
- Given that the engine worked in conventional mode, I assume (or I hope) that when I connect the PROG/RUN switch and program the engine, it will work as expected in TMCC mode.
Here's what the setup looks like:
Now I'm left with two questions:
- How would I wire the front and rear lights to achieve directional lighting? The original wiring seems to have the lights wired in series with the common coming from the front and rear trucks, as shown in these photos:
2. What (if anything) can I do with the original conventional horn? Here's a photo of the original board for the horn: