I have searched but am not coming up with an answer for my question.
I would like to find the correct resistor to use for 3v LEDs (each one receiving a resistor) with an 18v power source. I have tried some that work, but one began to give off a burning smell, the other gets quite hot. I am not well-versed in the "ohm" verbiage and was never a strong math student LOL. Can someone just tell me what resistor I need... the color code etc.
Also, when a resistor is added to the wiring, should it be covered in shrink wrap tubing?