Just getting started in “O” and I already know going about it the wrong way even though I have read a lot of info about it. No current permanent layout but will have one. I have already gotten a lot of stuff, I know, wrong. Anyway, I am wanting eventually a layout with maybe 4-6 independent loops. I have several conventional engines and a couple of old legacy engines and the legacy 990 is on the way. I also have an old ZW 275 watt transformer and a couple of cw-80. I have some tubular o27, loop of fast-track and circle of real-trax. Thinking of going tubular from Menards with different radius.
After researching, power is confusing, but wanted clarification on my understanding?
(1) If just running legacy engine on loop, all I need is to hook up transformer to legacy lock on?
(2) If just running conventional on loop, need legacy powermaster and legacy lock on?
(3) If want option option for both conventional and legacy, need same as #2?
(4) I can hook up ZW to all 4 tracks even if conventional or legacy?
(5) Can use cw-80 as power on conventional or legacy as well?
(6) All of scenarios are also hooking up legacy base to outer rail on all loops?
Hopefully not looking too stupid?