Skip to main content

I picked this K-line tmcc K4 up from a guy on eBay last year and it's been nothing but a pleasure. I love the sounds and the 100 speed step control. Great locomotive in my opinion. Obviously these K-line models are known for their great detail and I thought I'd share a few small improvements I made.

First thing I did was make a shorter drawbar since I run minimum o72. Took the tender shell off and fed the tether back so there isn't a huge loop. Looks like the auger if you use your imagination a little 😉

IMG_8430

I found some jewelry wire and thought "why not?" so I fed it through the bell and whistle rope stanchions and wow! Taking 5 minutes to do that made a huge difference!

IMG_8431IMG_8432

Very pleased with how it came out so I thought I'd share! I'll update this thread as I add more. Anyone else care to share their locomotive improvements?

Attachments

Images (3)
  • IMG_8430
  • IMG_8431
  • IMG_8432
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree rope pulls make a big difference. I was originally inspired by MTH engines that have been adding this detail since the early 2000s. Other easily added details are class/marker lenses using flat bottom jewels, similar to the pointed ones used in non lit markers but with a flat bottom, also coupler lift bars and chains if not already equiped plus air hoses on the pilot. Then cab curtains and engine to tender deck plates. The latter requires a straight tether or wireless one.

Pete

Last edited by Norton

Add Reply

Post
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×