@Dave Olson thank you for the informative video! It was fun using my older RF Lionchief equipment using the app. I have a few minor glitch issues and suggestions:
1. Can we please not have max volume as the default when a loco connects? I previously used the remote to set the volume where I wanted it. But the app immediately cranks up my LC+ engines full blast, waking up the whole house before I can turn it back down. Maybe default to medium-volume?
2. The "available engines" screen will only appear with the correct number of available engines for exactly 5 seconds. Then, the number of available engines drops back to zero. Perhaps it could time-out after say 10 or 15 seconds?
3. The bell button's "on/off" color status gets out of sync with the bell "on/off" operation. It is sometimes blue when the bell is off or vice-versa. The issue is that the button changes color faster than the bell can respond. Maybe have the button color change only occur after one's finger is on the button for a certain number of milliseconds?
4. Upon disconnecting LC+ steam locos, the engine sits there beeping, as it should. But the smoke fan motor turns on full blast and won't stop. This happens about half the time. It is a really odd glitch.
5. There are frequent disconnects. What is the distance limit from loco to U remote, and from LC app device to U remote? Can other Lionel products interfere with the LC frequency spectrum? Do you have any advice as to whether there are bad placement locations for the U remote, such as too close to my ZW-L, Legacy base, LCS Wi-Fi, or other LCS modules?
Thanks again for a great product, and making the app backwards compatible!